Sydney Sewer Maintenance
The Northern Suburbs Ocean Outfall Sewer (NSOOS) is the third major sewerage system in Sydney, supporting the city’s wastewater needs. As part of the Sydney Water Corporations Network and Facilities Renewal Program, over 28kms of the NSOOS network is being rehabilitated to support the growing wastewater demands of Sydney.
Our client Monadelphous is commissioned by Sydney Water for an ongoing project for desilting, internal rehabilitation, additional flow management plans and systems and site restoration.
Specialised fabrication of an amphibious vehicle
Silt tends to build in localised spots in the tunnel known as ‘silt banks’ much like dunes on the beach.
This requires a fully customised amphibious Dumper to drive into the silt banks and lift debris into a capture basket lined with a bulk-a-bag for transportation and disposal.
Silver Raven was briefed on fabrication for the third and latest Dumper which included:
- Building the new hydraulic power pack out of the original diesel motor. The power pack is mounted high up on the frame to stay out of the water.
- Installing new hydraulic lines and fittings about the dumper from the pump.
- Installing a new bucket to suit the profile of the tunnel floor.
- New engine electricals, dashboard, ignition pack and power harness.
- New Polycarbonate Windshield. Foam-filled tyres.
- New R.O.P.S. (rollover protection system), fabricated and welded.
Silver Raven has completed all the modifications except the communications, gas monitoring and video camera systems.