Silver Raven can provide a wide range of surface preparation options for your project using our Ultra High Pressure (UHP) and High Pressure (HP) water blasting techniques.
Whether it is the removal of industrial coatings, scabbling of a surface in preparation for the application of a repair material or removal of rust, build up and contaminants from steel and concrete structures, our water based surface preparation techniques will provide the level of finished required.
We have experience in providing the following surface preparations:
- Removal of industrial coatings from a variety of structures including acid bunds, effluent sumps and wash bays,
- Removal of rust and contaminants from steel and concrete structures,
- Removal of road markings,
- Scabbling or scarifying of concrete structures including bridge decks, sea walls and buildings in preparation for the application of repair compounds,
Surface preparation can be completed using manual lancing techniques, or by robotic and/or automated techniques. Silver Raven has a variety of automated machines that will provide the level of surface preparation required.
The use of water for surface preparation has a number of benefits over traditional methods:
- Designed for use in hazardous or restricted areas
- Improved productivity
- No damage to base materials
- No dust or airborne contaminants
- Reduces noise and vibration levels
- Reduced cleanup when compared to abrasive blasting